Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. Contract and services
(1) A legally binding contract for the participation at the MQIC conference and/or conference workshops will be formed between you and VERBI Software – Consult – Sozialforschung GmbH as soon as you have received your confirmation of registration via e-mail.
(2) With respect to services provided by VERBI Software – Consult – Sozialforschung GmbH, the place, time, duration and content as indicated on the conference website at the time of registration shall apply.
2. Working and teaching material
(1) Some workshops require you to bring your own laptop computer, on which specific software must be installed, as stated in the workshop description.
(2) You will receive worksheets and exercise files during most workshops. These are subject to copyright and cannot be copied, distributed or used otherwise without the specific authorization of VERBI Software – Consult – Sozialforschung GmbH.
3. Certificates of attendance
At the end of every workshop, the participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
4. Conference fees
(1) The participation in the conference costs €100.00 EUR and includes the following services: attendance at the Keynote address, the participation in a choice of five Spotlight Sessions, the MAXQDA Best Practice Roundtables, the Poster Presentation, and Get-Together, including catering. Costs also include lunch on all conference days and coffee break catering.
(2) Students and PhD candidates are charged a reduced fee of €40.00 EUR. Proof of enrollment (e.g. valid student ID, written confirmation from an advisor or university) must be submitted to receive the discount.
5. Workshop fees
(1) The participation in a full-day workshop (Pre-conference Workshop) costs €240.00 EUR. The participation in a half-day workshop (Post-Conference Workshop) costs €120.00 EUR.
(2) Students and PhD candidates are eligible for a 50% discount. Proof of enrollment (e.g. valid student ID, written confirmation from an advisor or university) must be submitted to receive the discount.
6. Terms of payment
(1) Every registration is binding and commits the registered party to the payment of the fees, irrespective of actual attendance. An electronic invoice will be sent immediately after registration via email.
(2) In the case that an institution bears the costs (e.g. university or research institute) for the conference or the workshops, participants must submit a binding confirmation of cost coverage containing the participant’s name and address.
Cancellations of workshop bookings can be declared in written form. The following charges will apply:
– Cancellation up to January 17th, 2018 (6 weeks before the start of the conference): 20% of the registration fee;
– Cancellation up to February 7th, 2018 (3 weeks before the start of the conference): 50% of registration fee.
No refunds will be made for cancellations after February 7th, 2018.
8. Changes due to organizational reasons
(1) If a workshop is canceled due to lack of participants or for any other unforeseeable reason (such as illness), full workshop fees will be reimbursed. Alternatively, you may choose to participate in a different workshop.
(2) There will be no reimbursement if a workshop is held by a person different from the person announced to hold the workshop at the time of booking.
9. Limited liability
(1) VERBI Software – Consult – Sozialforschung GmbH does not accept any liability for theft, accidents or other damages to the participants or their property during the MQIC conference.
(2) VERBI Software – Consult – Sozialforschung GmbH does not accept any liability during participants’ trip to and from the MQIC conference.
10. Right of cancellation
The following terms are valid only for participants who made their registration from a member state of the European Union or the European Economic Area:
Right of withdrawal
As long as you book workshops as a consumer (not as part of commercial or independent professional activity), you have the right to withdraw from the contract in written form (e.g. by letter, fax or e-mail) within 14 days of entering the contract, without stating the reason(s). The deadline commences with the receipt of the confirmation of registration by email. Compliance with the withdrawal period shall be determined on the basis of the sending date of a written withdrawal letter.
Withdrawal letters must be sent to the following address: VERBI Software – Consult – Sozialforschung GmbH, Bismarckstr. 10 – 12, 10625; 10625 Berlin; FAX: +49 (0)30 5900 833 61; email@example.com.
Consequences of cancellation
In case of a valid cancellation of the contract, all payments received will be reimbursed within 30 days.
The right of cancellation will be lost prematurely if you have already participated in a workshop before making use of your right of cancellation.
End of information concerning cancellation rights.
October 17th, 2017