Working in Teams with MAXQDA
Am Schillertheater 235039 Berlin
120 €60 € reduced
The workshop will start with an overview of the different teamwork functions in MAXQDA. The workshop will present strategies for teamwork collaboration, especially the following questions will be addressed:
- How to set up your projects for best-practicer teamwork?
- How do I merge data from two projects into one?
- Which ways of transferring coding work, memos, and variables from one document to another are offered by MAXQDA?
- How can we organize collaboration in memo writing?
- How can we assign different rights to different users in the admin system?
- Which functions are available to test intercoder agreement?
- Preparing MAXQDA projects for teamwork processes
- Merge data from two MAXQDA projects into one
- Transfer analytical results between different team members
- Manage collaborative memo-writing
- Tips to avoid pitfalls in team-based projects
- Test and optimize intercoder agreement and compute coefficients like Kappa
After attending this workshop, you will be able to use ways of collaboration effectively and plan your teamwork process.
For anyone who is interested in taking advantage of the richness of team-based qualitative data analysis and learning tips to minimize the challenges of teamwork with MAXQDA.
Knowledge of the MAXQDA features covered in Analyzing Qualitative Data with MAXQDA Starter Complete: You should be familiar with the interface, be able to code texts, retrieve coded segments and write memos.
All participants need a notebook with the actual version of MAXQDA 12 „Analytics Pro“ (incl. “Stats” module). The demo version which is valid for 14 days and includes all functions of MAXQDA is sufficient. There will only be few portable licenses of MAXQDA at the workshop. Please notice the system requirements.
Daniel Rasch is a post-doctoral researcher in political science at the Ruhr-University Bochum. He received his PhD on a mixed methods analysis of lobbyists‘ success in the European Union. He focuses on the quantification of qualitative data. Newest publications cover the identification of frames and arguments in political communication. He is an experienced MAXQDA lecturer since 2012.